Posts tagged ‘david guetta’
For all up and coming dance music artists, a sure sign that you’ve got what it takes to make it has to be when established veterans start supporting your music. With competition all over the globe hoping to be the next success story, its not easy to come across that sort of recognition. For producers Northend and Stereotronique, that dream became reality this past weekend when David Guetta premiered their collaborative effort Reverence on his weekly Radio FG radio show.
Northend’s signature synth work is front and centre in this one with notable support from Stereotronique’s bassline formula. Add a captivating vocal sample from Stereotronique and a hypnotizing arpeggiated guitar, Reverence is set to raise the profile of both artists significantly sooner rather than later.
This past summer in Ibiza a select number of aspiring producers and DJ’s had the opportunity for an intimate group session with producer David Guetta. The meeting was filmed for Burn Studio‘s YouTube page, and the result is an interesting 20 minute clip where Guetta freely shares some of his production techniques.
Considering Guetta was a DJ first and producer second, its incredible to see just how knowledgable he is when it comes to making music. He starts off the session explaining in depth his approach to bass lines and why he feels its ok to sample and reuse them. He also takes time to explain what elements of music appeal to bigger crowds, and in turn why those sounds resonate with specific audiences. In a short period of time, those lucky budding producers/DJ’s (and now us) really get a rare look into what kind of conversations go down in the studio.
Last week David Guetta‘s heavy hitting Jack Back Records released the next single responsible for continuing the label’s established summer success. Prefacing She Wolf in Guetta’s Tomorrowland set, the catchy 1234 is the second song of the same title to be released this year. This version however is the standout with Spanish samples and a instrumental you can’t help but want to play the air piano to. This latest offering continues to advertise Guetta’s recent focus of feeding the club with new sounds as much as he pleases mainstream radio, and Spencer & Hill delivered.
01. Sharooz – Hysteresis [La Bombe]
02. Mord Fustang – We Are Now Connected [Plasmapool]
03. ID (4min)
04. Rebecca & Fiona – Dance (The Loops Of Fury Remix)
05. ID (8min30sec)
06. Wolfgang Gartner – Flexx [Ultra]
07. Martin Solveig – The Night Out (A-Trak Remix) [Mixture]
08. Kurd Maverick – Hell Yeah [Spinnin]
09. Duck Sauce – Big Bad Wolf (Original vs. Dada Life Remix) [Big Beat]
10. A-Trak & Zinc – Stingray [Fool's Gold] w/ ID
11. ID (31min) w/ Fatboy Slim vs. Moguai – Ya Mama (Push The Tempo) (Acappella)
12. Plastik Funk & Tujamo – WHO [Tiger]
13. Zedd feat. Matthew Koma – Spectrum (A-Trak & Clockwork Remix) [Interscope]
14. Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Heads Will Roll (A-Trak Remix) w/ ID
15. Bingo Players – Rattle (Luminox Remix)
16. RL Grime – Trap on Acid
17. A-Trak & Dillon Francis – Money Makin’ (Oliver Twizt Trap Remix) [Fool's Gold]
18. ID (43min)
19. Flosstradamus – Roll Up (Baauer Remix) [Fool's Gold]
20. French Montana feat. Rick Ross, Drake & Lil Wayne – Pop That
21. Birdy Nam Nam – Goin’ In (Skrillex ”Goin’ Down” Remix)
22. ID (50min)
23. Floorplan – Baby, Baby
24. Nari & Milani – Atom [Size]
25. Justice – New Lands (A-Trak Remix) [Ed Banger]
26. Gesaffelstein – Control Movement
27. Boys Noize – XTC [Boysnoize]
Dance music’s favourite rockstar is back with another original that is sure to set fire to the dancefloor and in fact, already has. Tommy Trash had his next release Truffle Pig showcased by David Guetta in his latest In The Mix at Big City Beats earlier this month to close out the one hour mix. For anyone who has seen Trash on tour this summer the track may have a familiar sound, and that’s because it has been a staple in his sets all season.
Truffle Pig noticeably draws influence from Deadmau5′ infamous drops, and builds on the electro focused sound that has helped the Australian blow up in 2012. He spent much of 2011 on remix duty for countless artists, but has been very vocal about focusing his studio time on original music this year. Staying true to his words, Trash as been slaying this calendar year with his impressive outputs, and Truffle Pig is yet another gem to add to the collection.
With the pending release of Truffle Pig and his collaborative effort Reload with Sebastian Ingrosso also upcoming, there is plenty of Trash music on the horizon that has dance music fans eagerly anticipating release dates.
No word on an official release date.
Building off the success of their hugely popular effort ‘Metropolis’, David Guetta and Nicky Romero have decided to collaborate once more on the highly anticipated track ‘Oval’.
This time around the production pushes a melodic electro sound that shares a similarity to one of the best records off Guetta’s last album ‘Glasgow’. The duo seem to have found a winning formula in their studio time together as they continue to combine their talents for powerful house music anthems.
The track is due to be released on Romero’s newly formed Protocol Recordings as the first joint venture from the pair on his label.